Finding Versatility in McCalls M7127

Saturday, September 30, 2017


MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

Not too long ago, my husband and I were grocery shopping at Walmart when we happened upon a clearance bin of fabric in the middle of an unassuming aisle. Of course, I had to look and was rather excited to find a ton of knit fabric bolts marked down to a $1 yd. Surprisingly, I don't have a lot of knit in my fabric stash, and was really excited to be going home with 5 yds of black and gray jersey. As soon as they got home, they went straight into the washing machine, and I thumbed through my knit patterns trying to figure what to make with all of this newly found fabric.



I was torn between McCalls M7127, Simplicity 1804, and McCalls M6744. Ultimately, I settled on McCalls M7127 because of it's versatility. I love that it can be worn with jeans and heels, around the house with joggers, or tucked into a skirt for something a little fancier. Lately, a friend and I have been trying to figure out our individual style, how to dress down, and how to make each piece functional for everyday which is pretty challenging for a couple of girls who are used to dressing up for every occasion (this includes going to the grocery store, haha). In the meantime, while I'm trying figure out a chic, easy, and effortless style that fits my life as a mom to one busy, busy little bee of a boy, the M7127 helps me inch closer to achieving this goal with it's versatility and fun back detail.

Without further ado, here is my version of the M7127 worn fancy, because I still have the softest spot dress up.


MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS

MCCALLS SEWING PATTERNS



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs