Do It Yourself Gucci Inpsired Faux Fur Mules

Wednesday, February 21, 2018



GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDES DUPE

I've noticed that I completely scrapped all of my planned selfish sewing and diy projects for Fall and Winter. In fact, I hadn't even made myself anything from October to February! I noticed that it's not just a trend on the blog. In fact, I noticed that I was putting myself last in a lot of areas in my life (so easy to do as a mom, isn't it?). Surprisingly, despite the chaos of moving, being in a new environment has really helped me re-prioritize myself. I love my little nook in the kitchen and all of the fresh light that comes in during the day. Things are still a little chaotic (our bedroom is still books and boxes. boxes and books.) but I'm taking it one step at a time and completing lots of projects along the way.




Truthfully, this month has been great in terms of sewing productivity. I've just finished a few me-made clothes and adjusted a couple of old projects. Plus, I made Hugo a pair of adorable baby blue and white polk-a-dot pjs - they're so cute! And in between all of the sewing productivity, I was able to sneak in this diy Gucci inspired faux fur mules project this weekend!

The Gucci Princetown Leather Slipper (with fur) is a really fun twist on the classic loafer and retail at $995 - eek! Good news - they are honestly so easy to diy. The loafer (without the fur) is being duped in stores and I found these mules at Payless on sale for $19.99. Woo hoo! The Brash brand was perfect for this project because they run wide and large so there was plenty of room to add faux fur. Plus, if you check their website, they have them available in three other colors and Payless is currently running a web special of an extra 20% off! No affiliated links or anything, just my own personal opinion. But enough about the actual shoe, let's talk about how to get started with this diy project!


GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE

Materials: 
  • Pair of shoes
  • Faux Fur (of your choice)
  • Permanent Marker (that matches the soles of your shoes) 
  • Shoe glue 
  • Scissors
GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE


Step One: 

Lay out your furry fabric with the right side (furry side) facing down and place your shoes on top.  

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE

Step Two:

Trace around the soles of your shoes. 

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE


Step Three: 

Cut them out. 

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE


Step Four:

Try your fur in the shoes and trim around the edges to make sure that everything is nice and even. Since we traced around the outside, there will be a bit of excess. 

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE

Step Five:

After trimming, it's time to glue! Quickly glue and insert into the shoe before the glue sets. Seal the outside edges with the glue. 

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE


That's it! You're done! Seriously such an easy diy and they are so comfortable! If you want to make it look even more like the Gucci Princetown, you can also add fur on the sides. My husband was seriously disappointed that I didn't add any fur to the sides. haha. As is, I think the furry soles are a fun touch. If you want to see what they look like on my feet, click on the video tutorial at the bottom of this post! 

GUCCI PRINCETOWN LEATHER SLIDE DUPE


I hope that you enjoyed this diy post and that it inspired you to make your own faux fur mules. Until next time! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs