Hugo's Three Month Update!

Friday, January 15, 2016

Baby stories


We missed Hugo's 2 month update since I was still recovering (you can read about that here) but we are back for month 3!

Oh. my. This boy has GROWN! We're talking 9 month pjs now guys. 9 months! My mind is still processing this. Where did my little baby boy go!?



Grandma and I went through his clothes a couple of weeks ago and all of his 3 month (with a mix of 6 month) clothes were set aside for memories or put in the consignment pile. Thank God for consignment stores! I don't know how else I would keep up with this boy's clothes - he grows so fast!

In December, we had lots to celebrate! Hugo helped mom and dad celebrate their first wedding anniversary and we celebrated his first Christmas. We weren't able to do as much as I had planned to make Hugo's first Christmas a special one as I was still recovering but he did get to meet Santa and loved his little presents. Hugo received his favorite toy in the whole wide world from grandma and grandpa C. - Mr. Sleepy Fox!




baby stories
How Hugo felt about meeting Santa!


Hugo met grandpa Don for the first time and enjoyed lots of snuggles! He also spent the New Year with grandma and grandpa C while mom kept true to her new year's resolution, got dressed up, and met up with friends from church to have tea and ring in the new year.

Hugo is back on his routine and life began to flow more at the beginning of January. We play more and he is trying so hard to laugh! He loves his tummy time mat and tolerates tummy time longer, thank you Skip Hop! He also figured out how to roll from tummy to back faster. He sits up so well! He doesn't realize that he can sit up on his own. I let my hands go when he doesn't realize, and he'll sit up but once he realizes that mom's hands aren't there - it's game over!

He is also relying less on his binky! He discovered that his fingers taste
much better, especially his thumb. We still use his binky for car rides, nap time, and after his bottle. Speaking of bottles, this boy is drinking 8-10 oz every 4 hours! Mind. Blown. He's such a hungry little guy!

We are able to do more activities and like to take walks in the afternoon when it isn't raining. He takes in everything! He is so much more alert when we go places and likes to go bye-bye. I can't wait to begin taking him to indoor playtime places that we have when it's raining out.

Hugo also had his first big boy sleep this month and is sleeping in longer stretches at night. He likes to go to bed early and get up around 4-5 a.m. I love it when he talks to his hands and sleepy fox in the morning. Often times he'll wake up before my alarm for work and I will lay in bed listening to his cute little babbles. They bring such a big smile to my face. He is such a morning person! When I come in to pick him up and get him ready, he has the happiest smiles. I also love how he lights up when mom gets home from work. This boy has my whole heart.


We also celebrated Hugo's 3 months and my birthday on the same day, which was a lot of fun. We both share the 14th and I think it's so cute that he will be 4 months old on Valentine's Day. There has been a lot of celebrating in this house lately and I love it! We were also able to take his 3 month photos this week, so exciting! I've been wanting to do monthly themed photos for my little Hugs since he was born so I was over the moon that we were able to try it out this month. I know, I'm a cheeseball - but a loveable one!

Here is what being 3 months looks like for little hug-me-bear (and his favorite, Mr. Sleepy Fox)!


baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories


baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

baby stories

1 comment :

  1. What a precious little bundle of joy! And yes, they do grow up so fast, in a blink of an eye it seems!! Enjoy every moment!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs