Pattern Review: See & Sew B6371

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

See & Sew B6371

Today we are going to mix it up! Instead of our normal Tuesday series, I am going to do a pattern review instead. My transformation for Tuesday is almost done so I will post it on Thursday. There's just a few last minute details that involve seam ripping and I've been avoiding the task!

A few weeks ago, I went to Joanns thinking that the Simplicity pattern sale was in the works but I misread the ad and was really disappointed when I realized that they were still full price because I was looking for a classic doll dress pattern to get started with my Christmas sewing. I decided to take a look at the See & Sew rack and found something close to what I had in mind with the B6371 view B. Woot, woot. $2.99 for the win!



In my mind, See & Sew screams: "HEY! I'm EASY!" and the label: "YES! IT'S EASY" on the front of the package just reinforced that idea. After completing the dress, I would have to agree that it is easy and is great for a beginner. I liked everything about this pattern except how the collar of the dress was explained. They instruct you how to cut the fabric for collar in the middle of the directions which is kind of silly since they provide a layout of how pieces should be cut on the first page. I followed the layout, and was surprised to find the cutting instructions in the steps since it wasn't necessary. I also didn't add a bias to the sleeves and I upcycled crinoline from an old dress of mine to use as the petticoat. Since I had a limited amount of crinoline to work with, I didn't follow the instructions for the petticoat and did my own thing.

Since I am sewing away for Christmas, I am already on my second dress with this pattern. I actually really love this pattern and my collar has markedly improved after my first go. I will update this post with the second dress after I've completed it this week!

Anyways, wild-haired Charlotte is back to show off her fun new dress. *Note: wild-haired Charlotte is an 18" Our Generation doll from Target, so you can see how well the pattern fits!

See & Sew B6371

See & Sew B6371

See & Sew B6371

See & Sew B6371

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs