New Year's Intention (and saying goodbye to 2016!)

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I can't believe that 2017 is right around the corner, literally! This year felt as though it's creaked by and then sped up to a ridiculous speed around August so I am kind of breathless as I think about what's next for the new year. No lies, I am relieved to say goodbye to 2016. It's been a lot of life, and I could deal with setting life to a "cruise control" mode and just enjoying time. 

I am pretty excited for 2017 but not in the way that I am usually excited for the new year. Normally,  I have very itemized goals that I want to achieve. There are lists. There are expectations and I usually fall short. Last year, I swore that I was going to take better care of myself. In a way, I followed through with allowing myself to heal. However, on the other hand, I didn't follow through with what I truly had in mind. Baby weight loss, channeling my inner fashionista, eating the way I am supposed to, getting out more. I still have residual baby weight, I don't always dress for the day (or leave the house), and I am eating chocolate wafer cookies as I write this. #winning  



This year, I want to try something a little different, an intention, and my intention is to evolve. I thought that the ELL definition on the Merriam-Webster website was perfect for what I want to achieve this year. It states, 'to change or develop slowly often into a better, more complex, or more advanced state : to develop by a process of evolution." Simply stated, I just want to be better. A better person, a better wife, a better mother, a better friend, a better blogger, a better sewer, etc. I want to continue personal growth and development. Of course, being the list making person that I am, I do have tangible goals to accompany this, but they're fluid and aren't constricted to a timeline so I'm not going to share them out loud. The main priority is to focus on growth and a positive forward movement. There is always room for improvement and learning so I am really excited to experience the upcoming year with an openness to learn and grow from whatever comes my way. I'm really digging how personal intentions are and I think they may be something that will stick. 

Now that we've tackled the intention for 2017, let's recap on the last year as we say goodbye to 2016! Of course, there's no better way to say goodbye to the year than with a best nine. So, without further ado, here are the posts that made the best nine! 




Truly, I am humbled to even have a best nine on my blog or that anyone takes the time to read this little space on the internet. It's mind blowing that you enjoy seeing my projects and have followed along throughout this CRAZY, CRAZY year. You guys are amazing.

Thank you for reading and see you in 2017! 

- Brittany 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs