Springtime with Simplicity 1099

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion
So far, April has been my favorite month of the year. It's the right kind of busy where there is always something to do. The Tulip Festival is currently running, the farm reopened, Easter is right around the corner, and the Spring Fair is at the end of the month. There are so many things to show the little bear and our weekends are quickly filling with activities. The last two weeks have moved so quickly.

While we aren't out, enjoying our breaks of sunshine, I've been working on spring and summer inspired projects! Initially, I had a different project in mind but as I was looking through the pile of things to be refashioned, I reached for these curtains that I found from Value Village for $2.50 instead.


A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion

I just loved those scalloped edges! Right after I finished sewing the DIY crop top, I got to work on cutting out the curtains.

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion
Moo loved the scallops as well!

I knew that I wanted to use these to make a full skirt and relied on Simplicity 1099 to help achieve the look I had in mind and let me tell you, it was the perfect match! I was pleasantly surprised because this was my first time sewing with a Project Runway pattern design and did know what to expect. The pattern also includes additional sewing information and a page for notes to tailor your garment. Did I mention that I love this pattern!? Cause, I do, a lot.

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion

In order to take my new skirt for a spin, my sister in law and I went to the conservatory at Wright's Park, had lunch on the waterfront, and took a tour of a historical building downtown. It was just the mom break that I needed. Plus, my sister in law, as sweet as she is, knows the struggle that I've been experiencing trying to get photos and snapped quite a few for me during the day. If you're reading this, thank you so much.

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion
A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashionA DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion
A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion


A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion
A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion

A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion


A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion


A DIY white lace skirt from thrifted curtains refashion








2 comments :

  1. Brittany! This skirt turned out SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's my new favorite thing to wear. haha.

      Delete

Copyright @ Sew Very Lovely. Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs